Leduc County Cannabis Bylaw – effects on EIA property
Leduc County Bylaw No. 01-19, which restricts cannabis consumption on airport property. This Bylaw will not change EIA’s current cannabis consumption policies (www.flyeia.com/cannabis). It may, however, change our tenants’ policies, which previously were up to each individual tenant.
There can be zero consumption of cannabis at or around the airport property, with the exclusion of prescribed, medicinal cannabis in the existing smoking areas around the terminal. Individual tenants can apply to the County directly to allow consumption in their own areas. For tenants with approved designated smoking areas, the consumption of medicinal cannabis will continue to be allowed under the County’s new bylaw.
The penalty for consuming cannabis without a valid prescription will be a $287 ticket issued by a peace officer, and potentially a $500 fine in the instance of obstruction of a peace officer.
Castrol Raceway is committed to providing an enjoyable family atmosphere. For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all Guests, Castrol Raceway requests that all attendees maintain appropriate behaviour at all times. We request that all guests be courteous to those around them and abide by all policies and regulations. Guests using foul language or appearing intoxicated will be ejected from the facility. Guests wearing obscene or indecent clothing will be denied entry. Shirts must be worn at all times. Remember: we have many children here this weekend too!
Weather Policy: Race Day
Rain Out/Rain Delay
Weather Conditions to be monitored for the area of the Edmonton International Airport (EIA) taken into consideration as per ENVIRONMENT CANADA
Rain Delay: a reasonable amount of watch time is considered to access the track to resume racing if possible. Castrol Raceway will exhaust all options to complete the event in a timely manner. Due to the unpredictable nature of Motorsports and area Weather conditions, scheduled dates and times are subject to change without notice.
No cash refunds will be issued in the event of a Rain Out.
Oval Track Rain Out
A Rain Out “credit” will only be considered if the race is cancelled prior to the Main/Feature event. Credit will NOT be issued in the event of a Rain “Delay”; Castrol Raceway will exhaust all possible options to complete the event and reserves the right to change the race schedule at any time.
Events cancelled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled for the next available date and/or a credit will be offered for future events for the same or lesser value.
Monster Truck Throwdown: Rain or Shine Event
Drag Strip Bracket Racing Rain Out
In the event of a rain day during Bracket Racing, credits will be issued if necessary and will be determined by the Drag Director. Should a light rain occur, a time will be allowed to access and dry the track and resume racing, if possible. Any pass made by the driver will negate any credit due to the driver and or his crew. There will be no cash refunds.
MAJOR/Specialty Events* Ticket Exchange/Rain Out Policy
We will make every attempt to produce an exciting show for our fans. From time to time the show is affected by weather. If the show is affected by weather our standard policy for ticket exchanges is outlined below.
An event is considered complete after one show round and there will be no credit. In case of a total rainout the customer is entitled to a 100% credit on that day’s ticket.
If customer cannot attend the rescheduled event, the ticket holder must retain the ticket(s) for use toward the ticket purchase of next year’s event. Customer is responsible for any difference due to price increase, account fees etc.
Proof of Purchase (Ticket Stub) MUST be redeemed to qualify for credit in the event of a Rain Out.
- NO PETS via the front gate
- People entering the facility via drag gate/back gate are welcome to bring pets onto the facility
- Pets MUST be kept within their own stall and/or walk them in designated area on a leash.
- Pets are not permitted to run free on the grounds (safety of everyone)
- Pets are not permitted in the spectator areas at any time during the event.
- Pets are NOT allowed in the playground area AT ANY TIME
- Pet owners are obligated to “clean-up” after their pets.
- Drivers/Guests may be subject to a fine if they do not adhere to the rules.
This policy is subject to change at the discretion of Castrol Raceway management.
For safety reasons, Guests may be refused entry if they are in possession of prohibited items including, but not limited to: illegal drugs, glass containers, Fireworks**, Drones**, laser pointers, knives, or weapons of any type, streamers, helium balloons, beach balls, and inflatable. Castrol Raceway reserves the right to confiscate any prohibited items and/or escort the guest from the property.
Complete Carry-In Policy
The Castrol Raceway Guest Services Policy outlines what guests may and may not bring into the venue, including specific guidelines as it pertains to outside food and beverage. The policy balances our guest’s safety, comfort and overall experience while at the track
ALLOWABLE ITEMS INCLUDE:
Bottled Water- One per person. Must be sealed
Individually wrapped homemade food items (with discretion)
Purses or baby bags (subject to search)
Rain Jackets- Ponchos
Stroller or wagon if carrying a child
Folding chairs/Stadium Seats (not permitted in Reserved seating areas)
Cellular telephones, tablets, cameras, camcorders, binoculars and laptops
PROHIBITED ITEMS INCLUDE:
Glass bottles or containers
Illegal Drugs (Includes Cannabis www.flyeia.com/cannabis)
Unsealed containers carrying any liquids
Commercially packaged branded food for example, chain or fast food restaurant products
Grills, crock-pots or any open flame devices including candles
Tents, canopies and oversized umbrellas
Bicycles, scooters, roller skates or skateboards
Poles, flags, banners, signs or any other item seen to be an obstruction to other guests or potential danger to on-track activity
Projectile objects including, Frisbees, balls, balloons, etc.
Noisemakers including air horns, bull horns, fireworks, etc.
Objects that could be a nuisance to on-track activity and other guests including laser pointers, squirt guns, etc.
Firearms, knives, sharp objects or other weapons restricted by federal laws
Pets (Trained/Certified Assistance animals are welcome)
Any item that you intend to distribute, hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing or promotional purposes
** PLEASE NOTE: Due to our proximity to the Airport-Unauthorized Fireworks and Drones will provoke immediate expulsion from the Castrol Raceway facility.
Pit Vehicle Policy
Motorized & Self Powered Transportation
SCOOTERS, BIKES & SKATEBOARDS: In the interest of safety, Scooters, hoverboards, roller blades, bikes, or any self-powered transport is strictly prohibited in the competition pit area, staging area, and public access areas during on-track operating hours for all persons under the age of 16. On regularly scheduled Bracket Race days, Youth (Age 15 & Under) are permitted to operate in the Concourse area (i.e Playground Area) with an Adult chaperone present – not permitted under any circumstances on large public or specialty drag events.
Adult participants wishing to operate a self-powered mode of transportation during on-track operating hours must apply for a Castrol Raceway compliance tag- see Castrol Raceway Management for approval. Youth participants and Guests may utilize self-powered transportation at the conclusion of race day on-track activities. Please ride carefully and with all due consideration for the safety and rights of others. Accidental collisions may seriously injure yourself, pedestrians, bicyclists, other skaters, and/or cause damage to property.
- Users must yield the right-of-way to pedestrians at all times.
- Speed of the device must not exceed 5MPH and the user must remain in control of their device at all times
- One seat per rider- No riding on handlebars, bush bars, standing, etc.
- Helmets (Bicycle or equivalent) are Mandatory for All persons at All times.
- Use of the devices for acrobatics, racing, or other stunts is strictly prohibited.
- Riding on any architectural or landscape features other than designated asphalt areas is strictly prohibited.
- When not in use, all self-powered transportation must be properly stored as to not infringe on pedestrian or vehicle pathways or roadways.
- No impaired persons may operate ANY vehicle (self-powered or otherwise) at Any time- Violators will be subject to immediate expulsion.
Failure to comply will result in the confiscation of self-powered vehicle for the remainder of day, second infraction is subject to disciplinary action, 3rd infraction will be considered grounds for facility expulsion. Vehicle Owners are responsible and subject to compliance for all Crew, Drivers, and Guests.
Motorized Pit Vehicle Policy (Scooters, ATV’s, Golf Carts, 4-Wheelers, etc)
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. The rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official.
Speed limit is 10 MPH (15kms/h) ANYWHERE in the facility, except on the racetrack. This rule pertains to ALL vehicles (including pit bikes, ATV’s, etc.) Burnouts, trans-brake tests, etc. will not be tolerated in the pits or in the staging lanes. All contestants using auxiliary pit vehicles (mini bikes, ATV’s, Motorized Pit Vehicles, etc.) must have their competition numbers displayed on their vehicles. All auxiliary pit vehicles must be used for necessary transportation only. NO RECREATIONAL OR FUN RIDING IS ALLOWED. NO VEHICLE OF ANY KIND (except for Jr. Dragsters) MAY BE OPERATED BY ANY PERSON UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE, AND THAT PERSON MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE.
Motorized Pit Vehicles are only allowed to enter the staging lanes if towing a racecar. Once the racecar goes down track, Motorized Pit Vehicle must leave the staging lanes.
Operators should always consider the terrain, weather conditions, and existing pedestrian and vehicular traffic, which may affect the ability to operate the Motorized Pit Vehicle safely.
Motorized Pit Vehicle operators will stop at all “blind intersections” and then proceed with caution.
Motorized Pit Vehicles will be operated only within the confines of the specific venue (i.e. Drag Strip, Oval Track, Motocross Track, and/or Road Course) designated as the primary competition area on Castrol Raceway property.
Motorized Pit Vehicles are not to be driven on any landscaped area unless it is the only available way to gain access to the specific area where work is being performed. If the Motorized Pit Vehicle must be on a landscaped area in order to allow a pedestrian(s) the proper right-of-way, it should be brought to a full stop, then immediately returned to the designated driving surface as soon as the area is clear.
Motorized Pit Vehicles ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE SPECTATOR AREAS AT ANY TIME. Motorized Pit Vehicles will be operated in such a manner that they do not impede or interfere with normal pedestrian or vehicular traffic flow. In that respect, Motorized Pit Vehicles will be operated on service drives and roadways whenever possible, rather than on sidewalks designed primarily for pedestrian use.
Motorized Pit Vehicles will be operated with the utmost courtesy, care, and consideration for the safety of pedestrians.
Pedestrians will be given the right-of-way at all times.
PRECEEDING RULES AND POLICIES APPLY AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON PROPERTY
Reckless driving of any type will NOT be tolerated. Violators will be issued no warning. There will be immediate removal of the Motorized Pit Vehicle. Violators can lose Motorized Pit Vehicle privileges for a year or more. A second offense will result in disqualification from competing in the racing event. Driver is responsible and will be held accountable for the actions of all Crew members.
Motorhome Village Policies
Valid for ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONALS Only
- Everyone in the M/H Village during the Rocky Mountain Nationals MUST have a 3-day event pass. There are NO EXCEPTIONS!
- A M/H Village access wristband will be issued to each person upon entering the restricted area. Wristbands MUST be worn at all times to enter the M/H area. Please do not take wristbands off; under NO circumstances will additional wristbands be issued.
- There will be no motorized vehicles of any kind (quads, golf carts, motocross bikes, scooters, etc.) of any kind allowed in the M/H Village. Anyone who brings one in will have it confiscated for the weekend.
- M/H area is not equipped with electric or water hook-ups. Please ensure units are fully serviced prior to entry. Generators are welcome but please be courteous to your neighbours (noise), and do not leave running when unnecessary.
- Portable restroom facilities will be on-site for your use.
- A vacuum disposal truck will be on-site throughout the weekend to service your unit for a minimal fee. Please NO DUMPING. (Dumping of any kind will be subject to immediate expulsion from the event)
- Garbage will be collected from your unit between 7am-9am daily. Each unit will be provided with recycle “Blue Bags” upon entry to the M/H area. Please leave full bags behind your unit for pick-up. All Garbage and recyclables MUST be deposited into the provided receptacles during regularly scheduled events.
- Unauthorized vehicles in the designated camping areas will be subject to removal.
- During the Rocky Mountain Nationals, Vehicles and units will not be permitted to leave the M/H restricted area after 12 p.m. Friday until the conclusion of the event.
- RV and M/H units will NOT be granted In/Out privileges during event.
- Pets are welcome, however, please read the PET POLICY (Link to Pet Policy) carefully and strictly abide by the rules.
- The M/H site you have rented for the Rocky Mountain Nationals weekend is yours; please keep it clean and tidy.
- NO NATURAL OPEN FIRES of any kind will be permitted. Gas/Propane Fire Pits are permitted; please use discretion when operating.
- You are responsible for all persons in your M/H Lot area.
CASTROL RACEWAY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST OR STOLEN PROPERTY. ALL ITEMS ARE LEFT AT THE OWNERS DISCRETION